Do you have missing teeth? Are you looking for the perfect tooth replacement option? Losing a tooth can be damaging to your overall health, but with the help of the latest technology, you can restore your smile. Replacing a missing tooth is beneficial for aesthetic reasons but also is necessary for your overall health. If you want a permanent tooth replacement option, then dental implants in Magnolia are a good choice for you!
Which Tooth Replacement Is Right for Me?
There are different tooth replacement options, such as dentures and dental bridges, or for a permanent option, you can opt for dental implants in Magnolia, TX. To find the best tooth replacement for your needs, the following points will help you out.
Dentures are a great option for restoring missing teeth, and there have been great improvements with the latest technology. There are two types of dentures, partial dentures, and complete dentures
#A. Removable Partial Dentures
If you have only a few missing teeth, then you might be a candidate for a removable partial denture. This dental appliance consists of replacement teeth attached to a natural-looking pink base, which is sometimes connected to a metal framework that holds the dentures in place. Removable partial dentures look & feel natural, they are also less expensive and easy to repair and replace compared to other tooth replacement options.
#B. Complete Dentures
When all of your teeth are removed, and after your gums heal, you can get complete dentures. However, your bones and gums shrink over time, especially after teeth removal. Therefore, complete dentures require frequent adjustments to fit you properly. Moreover, ill-fitting dentures can have a serious impact on your oral and overall health. A few are mentioned below:
- Ill-fitting dentures often rub against your gum causing irritation, inflammation, sore spots, or bleeding.
- It can also cause cuts and scrapes, increasing the risk of infection. If left untreated, it can cause oral cancer.
- Ill-fitting dentures rub against your gums causing blisters.
- You will find it difficult to chew as your mouth will start hurting with ill-fitting dentures.
- It can cause headaches, earaches, jaw pain, etc.
2. Fixed Dental Bridge
If you have one or more missing teeth in the same area, you can consider getting a fixed dental bridge. A fixed bridge connects the gaps caused by missing teeth. The dental prosthetic is attached to adjacent teeth and bonded in place using dental cement. However, there are also several drawbacks when it comes to the use of dental bridges, such as:
- Any damage to the abutment teeth can compromise the bridge.
- It can be difficult to clean around the tooth underneath the bridge, which can cause plaque or bacteria to enter causing tooth decay.
- It will change the structure of your teeth and affect your bite.
- A bridge can collapse if the abutment teeth are weakened, and have to be replaced with dental implants.
3. Dental Implants
Dental Implants are a permanent tooth replacement option that replaces your missing teeth. A titanium post is embedded in your jawbone, and it acts like a root. This provides a strong base for your implants, which means you can freely eat what you like without any restrictions.
Following are a few benefits of dental implants in
- It restores the chewing ability
- Unlike other tooth replacement options, Implants can support the jaw bone
- It preserves your facial structure and prevents sagging
- Support adjacent teeth and won’t require removing a tooth to place the abutment.
However, dental implants are not an option for everyone as there are different factors to consider, such as price, bone density, lifestyle habits, etc. To determine if you are a candidate, you can visit the dentist in Magnolia who will examine your teeth and bone to make sure dental implants are the best choice for you.
Why Do We Need To Replace Missing Teeth?
If you have missing teeth, it will affect the stability of teeth and cause them to shift. The surrounding teeth will move to the empty space causing loose teeth, receding gums, or TMD.
- With missing teeth, there’s a lot more pressure on the rest of your teeth, which increases the amount of stress and causes wear and tear to the remaining teeth causing them to chip, break, or crack.
- You will find it difficult to chew with missing teeth which can affect your nutrition and cause gastrointestinal problems.
- When you have missing teeth, it can cause bone loss or sinus expansion.
- Missing teeth can cause a collapse in your facial structure and make you look older than you are.
- Missing teeth can also affect the way you speak, It can cause lisps and slurs, or you may find it difficult to pronounce certain words.
Dental Implants In Magnolia, TX
If you are looking for a permanent fix for your missing teeth, visit our dentist to get top-quality dental implant treatment. At Magnolia Family Dental & Orthodontics, our experts will provide you with the best tooth replacement option to restore your smile and the function of your teeth. Contact us today to get the best dentist and a customized treatment plan based on your needs and concerns.